Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 March 2024 CE

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 March 2024 CE
Mar 24, 2024, 18:43
Folowing from Monganaut's Bela Lagosi's Dead covers, I am now listening to Laid Back Country Picker - Go West. Quite the accomplished musician with a quirky side.

Faithless - Sunday 8pm. I always remember that the album versions of some of my fav Faithless singles were rubbish - like Take the long way home and God is a DJ. Just really unfocussed and missing the essence

Gorecki - Symphony No 3

Ghost Poet - Some say I, so I say light.

Faith No More - Sol Invictus - The Real Thing

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain - On the verge of getting it on - Hardcore Jollies - Uncle Jam wants you - The Electric Spanking of War Babies

The Fall - 50000 Fall fans can't be wrong. Picked this up not realising it was a Best of. Pretty good selection though up to 2004. This Nation's Saving Grace - Grotesque - 458489.

Gotye - Making Mirrors. Can't make my mind up if this is radio 2 easy listening fodder or great retro 80's pop.

Woody Guthrie - Pastures of Plenty

The Oscillation - Out of Phase. Essential Psych from 2007

Palace Brothers - There is noone what will take care of you. Did a bit of exploring following Dee's thread. Didn't realise there was a previous to Bonnie Prince Billy!

The Orielles - Tableau

Faces - Ooh La la - A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. Bit of a failed exploration on from quite liking their debut - First Step. Can't be bothered with them now.

Ora Cogan - Formless - Ribbon Vine. Much in keeping with Brigid Mae Power who is also fab

Past Lives OST.

Hans Zimmer - Dune Part 2 OST. Had to after being blown away by the movie and to a slightly lesser degree with Past Lives

Dead About Thinking - Ok Champ
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index