Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Shack in the Barley Productions - Home of The Golden Gonk / Dodo Resurrection II etc.

1 message
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Acid_Trash
10 posts

Shack in the Barley Productions - Home of The Golden Gonk / Dodo Resurrection II etc.
Mar 02, 2024, 12:38
Before the Acid Trash Jamboree YouTube channel, the Shack in the Barley Productions label was my main creative concern. I started it back in 2004 as an outlet to publish a few CD-Rs under my Golden Gonk alias, after which it slowly grew, going on to crank out a couple of hundred discs, tapes and digital-only releases, featuring stellar experimental acts from all over the world.

Last year- after almost 20 years of dedicated DIY activity- I made the difficult decision to close the label, going out on a high with the 39-track "Burning Down the Shack" comp, which can be downloaded for free from Bandcamp:

https://shackinthebarleyproductions.bandcamp.com/album/burning-down-the-shack

Anyway, the label may be over, but I still have a bit of old stock left over, some of which I added to Bandcamp yesterday:

https://shackinthebarleyproductions.bandcamp.com/merch

Here's the full list of what's available...

Cassettes:

J.G.D. Azzopardi “Phone Sex for Ducks” (Moon Mist Music) - noise/drone/improv
The Golden Gonk “Skirts 1-3” - ambient/Kosmische/minimal
Pigeons From Christ “By the Power of Pigeon Wings” - free folk/psych folk
Dodo Resurrection II “A Treatise on Ceremonial Magic” - prog rock/psych
Psyched by the 4D Gonk “Shriek at a Serpent + Tarantula Crap” - noise/drone/industrial
L’arbre nu / Robert Horton “Faux mouvement Vol. 2 : Bassabura / Transition” - free folk/psych/minimal/experimental

CD-Rs:

The Golden Gonk “If I Were a Dog, I'd be Dead Twice Over” - noise/drone/improv
The Golden Gonk “Leave the Mood in a Good House” - minimal/drone/psych
The Golden Gonk “Tempted by Lice, Stolen by Sleep” - noise/sound collage/experimental
The Golden Gonk “Gonk est Mort” - psych/free folk/drone/improv/experimental

CDs:

“godspunk volume nineteen” (Pumf Records)
“godspunk volume twenty” (Pumf Records)
“godspunk volume twenty-one” (Pumf Records)
“godspunk volume twenty-two” (Pumf Records) - 2 x CD
“godspunk volume twenty-three” (Pumf Records) - 2 x CD
“godspunk volume twenty-five” (Pumf Records) - 2 x CD

(godspunk is a long-running series of diverse underground multi-artist compilations to which I’ve contributed assorted tracks)

Please excuse the self-promotion, again I just thought this may be of interest to a few of you here! Cheers if you decide to check anything out!
Unsung Forum Index