9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited Jun 11, 2023, 06:03
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 June 2023 CE
Jun 11, 2023, 05:56
I'm going to start this now and edit it later as I've suddenly realised how tired I am. It's been ages since I did one of these. What's changed? An increased appreciation of Tom Waits. He's become my antidote to looming anxiety about the state of the world, paranoid fantasy involving the Chinese Communist Party, AI's, societal control through social media and freedom vouchers, cameras that capture heat signatures that infalibly determine truth or lie, obedience... so Tom's my antidote to losing my mind in sympathy with reality. Swordfishtrombones, Frank's Wild Years and Rain Dogs are all now assimilated. I have no idea why I didn't listen properly earlier. I always knew it was good.
The Groundhogs: Thank Christ, Split, Hogwash, Who Will Save The World. He'd earnt a little appreciation to go with well earned peace. Calm clever fury? Something like that.
Sleaford Mods, odd tracks from all over the place. Possibly a little obsessed/processed by the tracks BHS and Mork and Mindy. Some evil sub Wigfield earworm genius at work. A little scattergun, but capable of genius.
Bloody Uriah Heep... I find comfort in their relentlessly cheerful gallop. I'm a hopeless case. Sweet Freedom has been listened to more times than it should... Salisbury has its moments, but its Wizard and Look At Yourself for me. I mention bloody Uriah Heep everytime I post one of these... it's getting embarrassing. There is something about them that reminds me of the 70's French tv serial The Flashing Blade, I suspect they have become a sonic safety blanket, how can anything negative happen during Easy Living? Stealin'... impossible. I hope you are all well.

Unsung Forum Index