13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 11 March 2023 CE
Mar 12, 2023, 22:35
Ultra Truth – Daniel Avery

A Divine Symmetry – David Bowie
I bought the single LP version and though I have only played it once so far, it's well worth getting. Some versions are not too different but it sounds great (the acoustic guitar sounds really good at times, like you're in the room).

Manchester 2022 – The Damned
I went to this so it's great to hear this official and high quality recording. You Know was the highlight on the night and it possibly is here, too.

Kinks – The Kinks

Tick Tick Tick – Stephen Mallinder
I love this, epsecially Hush.

The Correct Use Of Soap - Magazine
Someone here recently complained about Martin Hannett's production on this album. I think it's great. Very restrained and sparse by his standards, with a lot of emphasis given to the drums. They're always there, pretty high in the mix, with the bass a bit lower as Devoto yelps out his lyrics in that unmistakable style. And then along pops McGeogh's guitar and Formula's keyboards to add some beautiful frills and thrills. I've always loved Thank You (Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Agin) and it totally blew me away again (agin!) this week.

Nightlife – Pet Shop Boys
Yes – Pet Shop Boys
There are so many great songs on Nightlife, their final 90's album, with Vampires sounding especially good this week. Yes isn't as consistent as their finest albums, but there's still some great tracks here, not least Love Etc.

7 Songs – 23 Skidoo
And the fabulous accompanying singles on the re-issue.

Unsung Forum Index