39 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: NEWDOPENOW!
Sep 28, 2018, 14:05
Monganaut wrote:
Mine dropped on the mat today (Many thanks ES). Wasn't gonna bother with this one, first reports sounded a bit meh to me, but glad I did. Really enjoying it (it's playing as I type). Also like the 'Brainwashed comp' style metal tin and patch. May have to pick one up fer me pal in Manchester when I get paid if there are any left, he was inquiring after it. Was playing that David Wrench,'Spades and Hoes and Plows' album earlier whilst taking a local walk (saw a bloody muntjac deer, little egret and several herons, all just a coupla miles from Brum city centre, but i digress). His (and Cope) version of the Digger song is absolute gold, and even though it's one of these trad rebel songs from hundreds of years ago, the sentiment still holds true. People never fuckin' change, it's depressing.
Diggers Song - David Wrench...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xmgb7tfgD4

I got my Dope this week as well. Love the drones and dirges. I also spun the David Wrench album this week (along with a bunch of Black Sheep stuff) and it goes beautifully with the mood of the new Dope.

I've been exploring older English prog rock lately, and finding myself mostly disappointed except for King Crimson and Van Der Graaf. It's the minstrel/maypole dancing kind of flute and lute crap that turns me off. Had they taken the road of these heavy dirges, it would have made for a much more impressive genre.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index