New Dope!

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: New Dope!
Jul 26, 2018, 19:14
Didn't even get the last one as it's disappeared from the Merchandiser yet again. I guess they must have run out of downloads?
Daniel
277 posts

Jul 26, 2018, 20:19
Vybik Jon wrote:
Good stuff!

Or should I say - more good stuff.

I am loving Dope.

You can pick out flavours of Dope in JC's past, but I don't think that this was an obvious path or an expected one. Hit 60 and take this turning? Go Julian. Keep 'em all guessing.

Dope is great. All their releases obliges us to pay attention twice because 'there's much more than meets the eye' within. Dope is the real shit!
I wonder what happened with the first Dope announcement --a double LP, triple gatefold containing 'John Balance Enters Valhalla', 'Positive Drug Test' and 'Hydroponic-- I hope that it should appear some day suddenly, as almost all of its releases. We NEED those tunes, who can't resist those titles?
ottospooky
62 posts

Jul 28, 2018, 11:54
Okay! had a few listens and it’s starting to form in my brain.

‘you Took Me By Suprise’ is the standout for me at the moment. It’s the usual groovy stuff, sounds a bit like it would be at home on a ‘Rite’ album, but the vocal repeats of the track’s title are beautiful. One can’t help but think that a 3 minute radio friendly, pop classic could be made out of it in a parallel universe. But who wants that anyway?
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Jul 31, 2018, 13:07
Arbor wrote:
What with the Archive, SydArthur, Skellington and Dope offerings in the last few months

Archive? Did I miss something?
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Jul 31, 2018, 15:10
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/merchandiser/julian_cope_archive , I supose.
Arbor
Arbor
35 posts

Aug 01, 2018, 15:37
Boxnudger wrote:
Arbor wrote:
What with the Archive, SydArthur, Skellington and Dope offerings in the last few months

Archive? Did I miss something?

Yeah the big archive ebay sell off: http://www.headheritage.co.uk/merchandiser/julian_cope_archive
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index