Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 July 2018 CE

11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 July 2018 CE
Jul 15, 2018, 23:48
Moon Safari – Air
Hard to believe this is now 20 yrs old. Still sounds as fresh as a daisy.

The Contino Sessions – Death In Vegas
Satan's Circus – Death In Vegas
Transmission – Death In Vegas
I hadn't heard Contino Sessions in a while. What a great album it is, it still sounds great. As does the Kosmiche tribute that is Satan's Circus. Transmission maybe not in that league but this initially disappointing album has proved to be a real grower. I still think some tracks are quite unnerving though!

Singles Compiled - Hood
I've got a few things by Hood and really liked them but this compilation of their early stuff does very little for me. In fact, disc 1 is pretty dire IMO. Maybe some things are best left in the vaults.

Boss Man's Dub (The Lost 1979 Dub Album) - Linval Thompson & the Revolutionaries
Thank god this didn't remain in the vaults though. This is a corking release.

V – Wooden Shjips
OK you know what to expect from a Wooden Shjips LP by now - everyone plays their bits repetitively other than Ripley Johnson who sings here and there and is allowed to solo when he feels like it! - but their recent V album does veer off in slightly different directions, with a hint of sunshine pop here and a Spiritualized feel there. But Golden Flower is my favourite on this new one - there is even a touch of funkiness to it.

Boogie 2Nite (CDS) – Booty Luv
The Future Of The Future (CDS) – Deep Dish With Everything But The Girl
Flowerz (CDS) – Armand Van Helden
Dark & Long (CDS) - Underworld
Ah! I miss those days where there were great dance tracks with loads of mixes on one (or two) cd singles!

Also...
No Time For Dreaming - Charles Bradley
Andorra – Caribou
Dead Magick - Dead Skeletons
The Private Press – DJ Shadow
Shag Tobacco – Gavin Friday
Ice Cream 7” - New Young Pony Club
Super Ape – The Upsetters
Return Of The Super Ape – The Upsetters
Where Did The Night Fall - UNKLE

Unsung Forum Index