Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 22 April 2017 CE
Apr 24, 2017, 13:13
garerama wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Morgan Delt - Phase Zero
Marvelous!

Good to see somebody else listening to this album. The first album is a corker too.

I loved the first one too - only just got the second as I was waiting for a decent price on the vinyl ;)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Apr 24, 2017, 14:19
Squid Tempest wrote:
garerama wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Morgan Delt - Phase Zero
Marvelous!

Good to see somebody else listening to this album. The first album is a corker too.

I loved the first one too - only just got the second as I was waiting for a decent price on the vinyl ;)

Indeed - I love them both, although the second one is quite a bit more laid-back and dreamy than the first. He's playing at Oslo in Hackney on June 5th, incidentally. I may well go as I enjoyed his set at the Moth Club last year (although Tony would no doubt proffer a different opinion).
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Apr 24, 2017, 16:44
Albums

Malice In Wonderland - Nazareth
Expect No Mercy - Nazareth
Hair Of The Dog - Nazareth

Tourism - Athlete
Black Swan - Athlete

Singles

Frankie Sinatra - The Avalanches
Colours - The Avalanches

Showdown - ELO
10538 Overture - ELO

We Are The People - Empire of the Sun
Two Vines - Empire of the Sun
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Apr 24, 2017, 23:36
The Bob Lazar Story – Baritonia. From self-proclaimed “purveyors of tritonal wankery”, this is basically a whirlwind tour through the entire history of prog in half an hour, which would be headache-inducing if it wasn’t so surefooted and playful: https://theboblazarstory.bandcamp.com/album/baritonia

Harvestman – Music For Megaliths. Pagan drone album from seriously-bearded bloke from Neurosis. It’s surprisingly very good in places, genuinely immersive stuff: https://soundcloud.com/neurotrecordings/the-forest-is-our-temple

Can – The Singles

Hey Colossus – The Guillotine

Live:

Chelsea Wolfe – Heaven, Charing Cross. I really liked her last but one album, though obscurely disappointed to discover my favourite track from it has been used in Game Of Thrones, a programme I have never seen, and have no intention of ever seeing. Anyway, the sound was pretty muffled for most of the gig, which made it difficult to engage, but the sight of so many goths in one place is always cheering. Pretty sure I was the only person there wearing an orange t-shirt.
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Apr 26, 2017, 02:43
The remastering on the cheapo Traffic box 5 Classic Albums is fab
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index