19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 27, 2017, 08:39
Re: Thankyou!
Feb 27, 2017, 08:29
Welcome. We've probably got a lot more lurkers than contributors these days but it really is a fantastic resource. I've learned (and laughed) a hell of a lot. Like any forum there is a fair share of daft rows and ugly moments but never about music. You're on safe ground with Unsung!

Always good to see someone picking up on the genius that was Man. I think it is fair to say that they were always a better live proposition than in the studio (Be Good To Yourself At Least Once A Day and Welsh Connection being the records I think of as exceptions) but fortunately there are loads of brilliant live recordings out there and enough line up changes to keep things interesting despite any repetition of their big tunes. As noted elsewhere Maximum Darkness, the expanded Welsh Connection, expanded All's Wells That Ends Well and the expanded Back Into The Future cover the band at what I think of as their peak between 74 and 77. That said the 1972 live recordings (of which there are three or four off the top of my head) are hard to rule out too. Lots there to discover. I am somewhat envious of anyone able to have that experience for the first time.

Unsung Forum Index