Brighton

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Re: Brighton,meh.
Feb 27, 2017, 17:45
Gonna be honest and say I wasn't that pleased to tell the truth.

The Julian I saw playing in Brighton wasn't the same Julian I saw a couple of weeks ago at The Roundhouse (or anywhere else,ever).
This week's Julian was a pissed up mummbly Julain who kept forgetting what he was saying and playing.
This weeks Julian didn't have the same charm and enthusiasum as the other Julian.
This weeks Julian seemed like he was going through the motions rather than spreading the love.

Yeah,the tour is/has come to an end and he must be knackered.
Yeah,we all forget stuff, I'm the one with the fucked up memory due to the brain tumour,I can understand that.
Yeah, those people who watched the majority of the gig through a view finder pissed me off to. I had blue/white lights cocking up my periferal vision until Julian quite rightly told them to not be cunts and put the phones away. Also because I was stood in the midst of them I also saw that they didn't clap even when they had put them away,they just stood and showed no emotion.One of those guys was busy looking up cycling websites !!Why the fuck did they come out ? Someone else would of loved those tickets.
World Shut Your Mouth..what was that all about ? Very sad.
It was also a bit of a crash ending with no time for the fake encore we all know and love. It would of been more subtle if someone had got a hook and pulled him off !

So,yeah.. I wasn't that impressed to be honest.
I love Julian and have seen him on and off stage more times than I can remember but I would prefer to forget this time.

:o/
I don't like the new "Drinking Julian". I prefer the old one thanks.

...to be slightly spooky..I also got very bad vibes as soon as he came out on stage....I didn't/don't like it.

:o(
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index