28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2015, 08:59
Re: Nick Drake on film?
Oct 10, 2015, 15:17
Chesterwick wrote:

The TV appearance that Nick did make was on a long-forgotten arts programme called 'Octopus' that went out in the Granada region at 6.30 on a Wednesday evening in (it is considered) March 1970. The Manchester-based series only ran for around six months and featured a musical spot filmed in the studio (Badfinger and Canned Heat also appeared on it) as well as some filmed reports. Alas, none of the video masters of this series are known to exist - possibly wiped as long ago as just a year or two after original transmission. The only chance of something turning up would be from a 'telerecording' (in-house, 16mm off the TV monitor) but that again is looking unlikely as the programme probably wasn't sold to other, outside of the UK TV stations.

Blimey. I've been a fan for nigh on thirty years and I didn't know about this. It's interesting how neither Patriock Humprhies nor Trevor Dann make any mention of it in their respective biographies. My guess is that if it was transmitted it'll probably turn up somewhere. After all, the Peel session he recorded was thought to have been lost for decades but now it's been restored and released in full.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index