12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Mar 23, 2015, 21:31
Re: Yesterdays Ubu Interview
Mar 23, 2015, 21:22
I wasn't intending to excuse his behaviour, just noting that his poor health may be a contributing factor more recently. It was still a fucking great performance though. I think his apology during the encore helped, and maybe showed he was embarrassed by his own earlier outburst. The complete lack of reaction from the rest of the group maybe demonstrated that they were used to this kind of thing though. Steve Mehlman in particular must have lot to put up with, seeing as how he also runs the merch arm of ubuprojex, and drums in RFTT!

The difference between DT's behaviour and MES is that the latters utterly ruins The Fall live*. I haven't seen a decent Fall gig since the American line-up, which was like six, seven years ago? Given a choice between buying tix for either of these two 'dicks', I'll choose DT every time. Will still be checking out 'Sub-Lingual Tablet' though. I've been buying their records since 'Slates', and it's too late to stop now!

*it would also be interesting to see how MES worked with a group made up of top quality experimental 'rock' musicians of the calibre of Pere Ubu's current line-up.

Unsung Forum Index