Daevid Allen

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Re: Daevid Allen
Feb 05, 2015, 14:49
Sad news again. I do admire his attitude. Often wondered how different the Brit music scene would have become, had he got back into the country. I will enjoy his music even more. Wish I could go to the Brighton gig.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 05, 2015, 15:23
spencer wrote:
I heard the latest Gong album for the first time last week. Perhaps this explains why it is so fine ..he wanted to put all he had into it: a worthy signing off?

I know what you mean, but the last few albums have all been great, particularly 2032.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Feb 05, 2015, 15:43
Squid Tempest wrote:
spencer wrote:
I heard the latest Gong album for the first time last week. Perhaps this explains why it is so fine ..he wanted to put all he had into it: a worthy signing off?

I know what you mean, but the last few albums have all been great, particularly 2032.

Agreed. Vibes to Daevid.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2389 posts

Feb 05, 2015, 17:36
An amazing & unique human being !
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Feb 05, 2015, 20:49
It'll be a full house, I'm sure. And I'm sure the vibe will be especially... I dunno, lovely and heartening.

Kozfest, always a rather Gongcentric festival will be different, this year. I just don't know whether he'll still be alive, by then. It's already lost a few friends, over the last couple of years.
naughtynige
naughtynige
778 posts

Feb 05, 2015, 22:16
Got to mirror all the comments here, it shows a mountain of dignity and wisdom to approach his situation in this way. I know there are some big Gong/Daevid fans here and it's been nice to see the importance of his music finally being acknowledged in recent years. Big vibes and love to you Daevid.
garerama
garerama
1118 posts

Feb 05, 2015, 22:36
Very very sad. He is the man I have probably seen live the most in different incarnations. Such a legend.
My magick brother...
fat_fleet
fat_fleet
146 posts

Feb 06, 2015, 12:37
What everyone else said. :(
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Feb 06, 2015, 13:03
Shamefacedly I must confess to not hearing any Gong releases for a long while, obviously from what you say that's an omission. I used to love seeing them live 'back then'. Incidentally, having just browsed the Amazon reviews for I See You there was one giving a favourable heads up to a System 7/Orzo collaboration from last year called Phoenix Rising, chased up, saw good reviews...have lost track of Hillage too, sounds like I've been missing out there as well.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Feb 06, 2015, 13:50
Feb 06, 2015, 13:47
spencer wrote:
Shamefacedly I must confess to not hearing any Gong releases for a long while, obviously from what you say that's an omission. I used to love seeing them live 'back then'. Incidentally, having just browsed the Amazon reviews for I See You there was one giving a favourable heads up to a System 7/Orzo collaboration from last year called Phoenix Rising, chased up, saw good reviews...have lost track of Hillage too, sounds like I've been missing out there as well.

The System 7/Ozo thing is mighty fine indeed. And 2032, as Squid says, is rather fab.

Got to see Gong a couple of Glastonbury's ago with Hillage and Miquette Giraudy back in the fold. Hillage even did a solo support set. It was really good and obviously feels even more poignant now with recent developments.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index