Unsung Forum »
Recommend an Album to the Above HH'er

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MC
638 posts

Re: Recommend an Album to the Above HH'er
Oct 13, 2014, 22:16
A lot of heavy stuff being recommended. How about a bit of Robbie Basho, I've been really digging his Visions of the Country album lately, quite different to his earlier more raga-like stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYaGChm8RWw
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 13, 2014, 23:51
mingtp wrote:
For Moonie and Sin:

Watch this: Jenny Hval / Susanna - I Have Walked This Body

Buy this: Meshes of Voice

Enjoy

Shall look forward to sniffage.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Oct 14, 2014, 18:16
Oct 14, 2014, 18:06
Ta for the recs, Moonie and Ming. When I said I'd heard no metal, I wasn't entirely telling the truth. This is for moonie I guess: it's an early '80s German band called Warning who were like a cross between Rammstein and Kraftwerk/Tangerine Dream... Tangerine Rammstein. Just hilarious and endlessly fun (plus they can be strangely atmospheric). Their second album's almost as good, too, but their first is on youtube in its entirety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5RptPNV-I

EDIT: Moonie, Ming and MACHINERYELF! The alliterative triumvirate of HH'ers is finally complete.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Oct 19, 2014, 20:32
You've probably heard it, but Gogo Penguin's V2.0 is jazztastic
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 20, 2014, 09:29
I've not, actually. I've had few folk tell me that's it's well worth checking out. I'd better pay heed, I reckon.

Thanks.
ars moriendi
ars moriendi
433 posts

Oct 20, 2014, 09:52
Not post punk or folky, but sod it I'll post it up anyway... something I went to sleep listening to last night: Locust - After The Rain. Very mellow.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdLHjzdc_suc89vDCdiXKn3Zee-920E1K

I was also listening to a curious bootleg which is kind of a remix of Space (The KLF) called This Is Not What Space Is About. Quite interesting, not a patch on the original, a lot darker and foreboding.
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

Oct 20, 2014, 22:11
I recommend Factrix to Ars Moriendi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InoEo9jOW0U
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 21, 2014, 00:13
Li Jianhong's San Sheng Shi is the closest I've heard to evoking that Les Rallizes Denudes feeling of being sucked up to heaven in a whirlwind of static electricity. You'll love it if you haven't heard him already. Dude started China's only experimental music festival and made an artistic home for all manner of rebels and miscreants. Guitar improv legend!

(I'm still poring through some of my earlier recs, so Passover me).
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

Edited Oct 21, 2014, 13:48
Oct 21, 2014, 13:47
Sin Agog wrote:
Li Jianhong's San Sheng Shi is the closest I've heard to evoking that Les Rallizes Denudes feeling of being sucked up to heaven in a whirlwind of static electricity. You'll love it if you haven't heard him already. Dude started China's only experimental music festival and made an artistic home for all manner of rebels and miscreants. Guitar improv legend!

Never heard, but seems to be fantastic!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Oct 24, 2014, 19:55
If you aren't already familiar, then Crispy Ambulance's The Plateau Phase may help your post-punk itch, particularly if the itch has a slightly spacey, Hawkwindy underlying sub-itch to it.

Nothing especially new to recommend, but I have been playing The Twilight Sad's Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters a lot recently. I think it's the Scottish accent that does it for me.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index