Unsung Forum »
Great review of forthcoming Earthling Society album from the Quietus

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riotmaster
1563 posts

Re: Great review of forthcoming Earthling Society album from the Quietus
Jul 31, 2014, 11:16
Yeah, this is a GREAT review. Mind you they've all been pretty favourable thus far we're happy to say.

On the delay. The album was scheduled for release on June 30th, and everything was sent off WELL in time to achieve that. Sadly it seems everything on vinyl is now taking forever due to the knock on delays caused by RSD, and the overall increase in vinyl releases as it's resurgence continues. With so few pressing plants around (and more crucially no one making the equipment anymore) they all seem to be backlogged and it's putting enormous pressure on the few that still are

So, when we okayed the test pressings 2 months ago and were told to not expect delivery until early August i nearly had a heart attack. No releases on the shelves mean very little money coming in, so it's been a very thread bare couple of months here.

But, it's well worth the delay have no fear!

The band knocked up a mix of all four songs here:

https://soundcloud.com/riotseason/earthling-society-england-have-my-bones-album-sampler

But i'd suggest waiting and listening to it as a full album as it's truly better that way.

The limited cassette run I got made has SOLD OUT now, but i still have copies of the vinyl for my own mail order allocation and it will be in shops from August 25th. Don't take Bandcamp 'stock figures' as gospel to what I have left.

I have my own label webshop and that's where the bulk of the stock goes

http://riotseason.bigcartel.com/

I only allocate a handful of copies of my releases to the Bandcamp site just in case people don't visit the main label webshop. It's mainly there to offer folks digital versions rather than physical stuff.

That said, the vinyl is selling rather well on pre-order. And the first mail order batch will come with a free A3 poster and download code of course

Hope folks like it when they finally get to hear it in full. Andy
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index