Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 July 2014 CE

31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 July 2014 CE
Jul 13, 2014, 11:02
Lay Llamas - Ostro. Rather fine summer listening.

Cosmic Dead - Easterfaust. I'd seen them live a couple of times, finally got round to buying an album. This has grown me in the week but still they don't quite do 'it' for me, in a similar way to Mugstar - I find their fast/slow too formulaic, though formulaic is probably the wrong word. Forced perhaps.

Kogumaza - s/t and Konokon. I'd listened to the bandcamp download but now have the lovely vinyl - great poster booklet thingy to go with great music. Brought back memories of their excellent Supernormal set a couple of years ago.

Neil Young - American Stars n Bars. I'd not heard this but Cope referenced Like a Hurricane in the recent Stewart Lee interview. Not a bad album but Hurricane and Will to Love are fantastic, the former probably my favourite Young guitar solo and the latter has a similar feel to Side 2 of On the Beach.

Neil Young - On the Beach
Neil Young - Zuma

Julian Cope - Woden
Neon Sardinia - S'akkabadòra-Hèmina

Long Distance Poison - Signals to a Habitable Zone and Gliese Translations. Lovely electronic noodlings.

To Blacken the Pages - A semblance of something appertaining to destruction. An all time favourite of mine that I dig out every now and again.

Holy Sons - Survivalist Tales.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index