This Was Jethro Tull

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: This Was Jethro Tull
Apr 17, 2014, 21:30
I love Warchild. Possibly my favourite Tull album.

Me and Squidling the Elder are going to see Mr Anderson live next month. Really looking forward to it. Tull were really good when we saw them a couple of years ago. He's still got the stacks of charisma intact, even if the voice is a bit ragged at the edges (which is actually OK by me anyway).
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 17, 2014, 21:31
TAAB2 is really good. It took me a few listens to get over the idea, if you know what I mean, but it stands in its own right. In fact, I should go back and pay it some more attention myself.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 18, 2014, 00:28
Personally, I have a lot of big lurve for "Broadsword & the Beast" from the 80s. "The Clasp" and "Pussywillow" are two of my fave Tull songs from any period.

And, I picked up 1999's "J-Tull Dot Com" for pences in Fopp not so long ago, fearing the very worst, and we pleasantly surprised as to how good it was. Don't really know about much of the stuff post "Underwraps" in the 80s/90s though.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Apr 18, 2014, 05:42
Moon Cat wrote:
Personally, I have a lot of big lurve for "Broadsword & the Beast" from the 80s.

Me too!
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Edited Apr 18, 2014, 08:01
Apr 18, 2014, 08:00
Me 3 with Broadsword (tho its 80s souind is 'unfortunate' now!) & I like Dotcom, too. Agree with Fitter's comments about Crest of Knave. I wouldn't recommend any of the others (they've all got a cuppla things on that I like, but not nearly enough!!!!!)

To me, Tull has only really been Anderson since Dotcom (even when Martin B was still on board) so not using the Tull name anymore from now on is entirely irrelevant....

LOVE Thick as a Brick 2 & looking forward to hearing his new one!

love

Moth
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Apr 18, 2014, 08:10
I'll check it out Squid. Nice one. Your recommendations always do it for me.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Apr 18, 2014, 08:29
Yes, it's good if you give it a chance on its own merit. This seems interesting:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/the-concept-album-makes-surprise-top-ten-return-with-neolithic-opus-from-jethro-tulls-ian-anderson-9268339.html
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index