Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 July 2013 CE

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 July 2013 CE
Jul 15, 2013, 23:07
Black Tempest - Arcana. Still tickling my cosmic bloop centres

Bosnian Rainbows - ST. Chuntered about this elsewhere. Suffice to say I'm enjoying Omar Mars Volta's new thing with its mix of strident female vocals, post-punk punch and drive, synth blarps and occasional progular, melodic indulgences. Concise, catchy but also lots of 'stuff' to lick the lobes.

Julian Cope - Revolutionary Suicide. I have rather fallen for this - some great stuff on it - and also come to terms with some of the imagery in the way that rather jarred with the previous album. I had a moment of clarity where I realised that the gun stuff shouldn't, and now doesn't, bother me any more than swords and shit on a Manowar, DragonForce et al album. That's not to denigrate the 'seriousness' of intent. It's just to regard it as part of an aesthetic that's (currently) part of the package and possibly a bit daft. Music is ace though.

Jason Simon - ST. Solo album from Dead Meadows mainmain. I only have a couple of Dead Meadows albums which I like a lot, but I must say, this is rather lovely. A mostly acoustic melange of folk, country, sniffs of psyche-drone and licks of chilled stonerisms. Nods to Americana, but it smacks less of solo album indulgence and more of heartfelt expression and stretching the boundaries by making them smaller. Like this a lot.

Manu Dibango - Bits off a 3cd best of to enjoy in the sun.

TEA - Tea. Utterly scrumpular Swiss 70's prog hard rock joyfulness.

Goat - World Music.
The Algorithm - Polymorphic Code.
Ladyhawke - st
Eagle Twin - The Unkindness of Crows / The Feather Tipped the Serpents Scale
Minus - Haldor Laxness
Follakzoid - II
Poltergeist - Your Mind is a Box (Let us fill it with wonder)
Melt Yourself Down - ST. Very much settled into liking this a lot

Have a nice week. x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index