Unsung Forum »
Wilko Johnson

62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Re: Wilko Johnson
Jan 22, 2013, 15:38
THIS LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY A FACEBOOK FRIEND, OF MINE - AND HAS JUST GONE OFF TO THE GUARDIAN:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was compelled to write with regard to the Farewell Tour of Wilko Johnson after hearing of his tragic news of termainal cancer.
... Refusing treatment to be able to continue playing for as long as possible, this post on fb from The Robin2, Bilston, Wolverhamton, quite frankly made me feel ill.

"Just a quick note to thank you all for your support in making the Wilko Johnson show here on 07/03/13 a sell out show.

Also thank you to those that have less of a conscience and have 'bulk purchased' tickets on our website for this sell out gig only to sell them on Ebay at £79 for one!

Thanks to this, some people have missed out on this opportunity to see one of Wilko's last performances, and for this we are truly, truly sorry. This really is a sick and sad way for people to making a profit and we do not condone it!

Boycott Ebay ticket sales! Please do not buy these tickets from Ebay!"

Our band has played this wonderful venue many times, as well as seeing other great bands perform.

With the music business being in decline enough, with the potential loss of yet another record store, music venues closing down, over produced music for the masses with the likes of X Factor, the tax on alcohol keeping people at home, larger venues expecting support bands to "pay to play," I feel that independant, passionate music will become a thing of the past if souless individuals feel it appropriate to treat the fans of such a legend along with some of the best music venues in the UK with such digrace.

Sax and vocals with Shifty Chicken Shed
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index