26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2615 posts

Re: The Monochrome Set
Nov 20, 2022, 16:25
Interesting.

I wonder if your underwhelment (I know that’s not a word, but I can’t think of another one) is down to the band itself, or just that you’ve seen as much as any live performance could deliver too many times? That’s certainly how I feel these days. Aside from a Paul Weller gig in April (which I admittedly enjoyed), I haven’t felt any compulsion to attend any gigs for several years. My indifference to gigs is fuelled by several factors: price, venues, audience numpties, bands keeping crowds waiting for so long that I have to leave before the end to catch my last bus home, etc etc. Overriding all of those factors though is the feeling that I’ve been to so many gigs, good and bad, in my younger days that I now have very low expectations from seeing artists perform. I can count on less than the fingers of one hand how many gigs I truly enjoyed from the last twenty years or so of concert going. I’m far happier listening to music as and when I want, which in my case is sat on a comfy chair in front of my hi-fi.

But that’s just me, boring old get that I am!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index