HH Gig Planner

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Jul 31, 2011, 16:51
Re: HH Gig Planner
Jul 31, 2011, 15:57
EXHAUSTING. Godspeed started proceedings. Rather than have the weaker acts kicking off, this lot started with a two hour set. Other highlights included Liars, Acoustic Ladyland and Swans.

As ever, I didn't remain 'Billy-No-Mates' for long, having befriended a nice couple from Brighton, before braving the wristband queues - only to later hook up with them, once more. Turns out they were in fact twins - And then, whilst sitting down for a secluded moment got identified by a couple of groovers from Shrewsbury, who plied me with lots of drinks.

I had to walk the female twin around the grounds a bit as she was struggling with an ecstatic overload, or something. Then, Portishead were astounding - well, except for their disastrous four attempts to play 'Chase The Tear', before moving swiftly along.

EDIT: How could I have omitted the truly awe inspiring 'Trial Of Joan Of Arc' silent classic, set to the glorious music of Will Gregory (Goldfrapp) & Adrian Utley (Portishead) - Ans THEE fablious Grinderman??
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index