18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited May 30, 2009, 20:23
Re: Krumlin Festival 1970
May 30, 2009, 20:22
You've probably already seen this but in case you haven't here's an excerpt from an interview with Dave Pegg on Folking.com....

Folkmaster - If you could be remembered for one thing what would it be - What's your legacy?

If I could be remembered for one thing - Well I did have a nasty accident at the Krumlin Festival in the 70's when I was wearing a pair of white trousers. I had rather too much to drink and when I got on stage I actually shat myself which was very embarrassing as the back of my white trousers changed colour very quickly. Behind me were all the other acts that were on, including Elton John who wasn't very famous at the time and The Move who were people that we knew from Birmingham. I was a laughing stock. It was incredibly embarrassing and I couldn’t turn around to adjust the volume on my amp because the audience would have seen the brown mass that was attached to my arse and would have know for sure what had happened.

Folkmaster - So they never knew?

The audience never knew. In fact the Festival was a complete disaster, it all went terribly wrong for us. Dave Swarbrick didn't actually shit himself on stage but was desperate for a tiddle and there was this hole in the canvas on the stage. He went over to the side of the stage, stuck his chopper through the hole and had a waz. Unfortunately the press area was on the other side of the hole and consequently we’ve never been popular with the Melody Maker since 1970, which I think was the last time they gave us a review.

Can't believe the dude kacked his pants and still played on !

Unsung Forum Index