Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Greatest album constructed around the bass guitar?

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ukredsox
72 posts

Re: Greatest album constructed around the bass guitar?
Sep 27, 2015, 22:35
Whatever happened to Copey's "How German is your helmet" bass based rock opera?
5-Track
5-Track
193 posts

Sep 28, 2015, 02:00
Earth 2
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Edited Sep 28, 2015, 09:12
Sep 28, 2015, 09:09
ukredsox wrote:
Whatever happened to Copey's "How German is your helmet" bass based rock opera?

I think bits and pieces of it potentially got used elsewhere once the main idea was (probably) abandoned - The bass solo he was debuting on the 2006 tour ended up as Shadow Of My Corpse on Wasted Fuzz Excessive.

But, in terms of the thread I would say the role of the bass on Jehovahkill is probably as vital as any other instrument on the album (and its deliberate bass-heavy mix was certainly one of the many factors that Island were unsure about initially).
Was it constructed around the bass though? I guess a great deal of Cope's later music, even if not constructed around is certainly written with the bass strongly in mind - given his roots as a singing bass-player and his re-emergence within Brain Donor as same.
nashspacerocket
10 posts

Sep 29, 2015, 18:48
any albums by lowlife; will heggies band after leaving the cocteaus, they're complex and rich in the bass dept.
petemcfc
119 posts

Sep 29, 2015, 22:00
Anything by Hamilton Bohannon ,can I mention Shriekback-My Spine Is the Bassline as a valued single.Ooooh also as another valued single the bass line of Pere Ubu Final Solution always gets me going.
Back to an album Im going for The Undisputed Truths' debut,a master class by Norman Whitfield.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index