Beatles Remasters Sept 2009

67 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: Beatles Remasters Sept 2009
Sep 14, 2009, 10:28
Hey Piquiod, cheers for the Abbey Road to ipod tip. I did actually find that way of doing it myself but was hoping for a way to do it other than make on long track out of the b side suite of songs. Still, it's made to be listened to as one long section so won't matter too much. Golden Slumbers / Carry The Weight on the remaster is totally joyous.

As for the prices of the stereo remasters, I've been buying mine in Tescos as it seems to be the cheapest place I've found so far. HMV has them at £10.99 and the White Album at £16.99, but Tesco is £9.50 and £14.50 respectively.

The White Album is the big one! My fav album of theirs and have played it many many times over the years. Picked up the remaster yesterday and played it twice yesterday whilst doing some DIY. It's magnificent! So many nuances come out to play on it, crystal clear and full sound, background yelps and mutterings. It's a joy. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is awesome (and that's just one I've picked off the top of my head). Long Long Long gets me everytime....in my top 5 Beatle songs that one.

Revolver is great too, esp through my little portable cd / radio boom box thang. Almost mono sounding thru one of those. Plus my main stereo has the speakers about 3 feet apart so the stereo problems of something like Taxman don't really apply that much. On an ipod the drums in one ear vocals in the other becomes more apparent and a bit annoying.

As for Tomorrow Never Knows. Ringos drumming is huge. BUT, and I read this in the Uncut review, there's a tamborine in the right ear that is there at the start rattling away, then disappears for the middle then comes back in again, and you really want to grab it and throw it out the window. Doesn't ruin the song but you can't help but focus on it.

Great photos included in these two cd's. The notes could've been better but the pics make up for it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index