THe One Cd You Would You Would Have to Take With You On a Desert Island

37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Re: THe One Cd You Would You Would Have to Take With You On a Desert Island
Feb 06, 2008, 09:55
i'm hearing ya, zphage = you mean something that exists outside of all yr other recs, something uber-solid + uncompromising you cd build a new society on? (but not cale's "music for a new society", which is pretty good in places, but not nearly solid enough)
TMT is a good call (rallizes wd be too) ... i'm more old skool + wd maybe think along the lines of "metal machine music" or "funhouse" or "white light/white heat" or "on the corner" or "half gentlemen / not beasts" (now THERE'S a boxset to end all boxsets) ... recently i've wondered whether haswell + hecker's "blackest ever black" may do the same trick for me, but too early to tell yet.
here's a few more, top of the head, that may do it for me ... "spem in alium" by tallis (not heard a bad recording of it, altho bet they exist), "black woman" by sonny sharrock, "radiance" or "octagon" 12"s by basic channel, anything by hijo kaidan or incapacitants, ornette's golden circle recs, terry riley's "all night flight", ayler's greenwich village LPs, john cage's "roaratorio" etc etc
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index