YGPWM review in today´s Guardian
Aug 03, 2007, 00:01
http://arts.guardian.co.uk/filmandmusic/story/0,,2140262,00.html
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: YGPWM review in today´s Guardian
Aug 03, 2007, 01:13
I see Dave Simpson in this review has noticed Julians Junta 'Silly hat' too, and advises that he gets a replacement. A bit like Jeeves getting his own way in the end with regard to a Bertie Wooster fashion faux pas.

I also noted Julian particulary ill whilst inhabiting a Holden Caulfieldesque sqawking mood last year at the Wulfrun Hall, I finally left after he mentioned the dreaded 'Petro Dollar'
earthlingdave
earthlingdave
285 posts

Aug 03, 2007, 12:13
You like woodhouse, so lord yatesbury wearing a 42nd street skimmer then hohoho
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Aug 03, 2007, 12:21
Also reviewed in the Mirror fwiw. Four stars, not a bad little review.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Which sez
Aug 03, 2007, 12:38
Julian Cope - You Gotta Problem With Me 4/5
Liverpool was where Cope came to prominence with The Teardrop Explodes back in 1978. Since then, he has grown into a mighty underground figure and a great rock historian – an expert on both German prog and ancient stone circles. This double CD recalls previous solo career high Peggy Suicide in the breadth of its vision, spicing Cope’s ecological and political protests with a sparse but varied mix of rebel folk, dark humour and a collection of pointedly funny voices. No problems at all, mate.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Which sez
Aug 03, 2007, 13:15
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
Julian Cope - You Gotta Problem With Me 4/5
Liverpool was where Cope came to prominence with The Teardrop Explodes back in 1978. Since then, he has grown into a mighty underground figure and a great rock historian – an expert on both German prog and ancient stone circles. This double CD recalls previous solo career high Peggy Suicide in the breadth of its vision, spicing Cope’s ecological and political protests with a sparse but varied mix of rebel folk, dark humour and a collection of pointedly funny voices. No problems at all, mate.

All this may be very well, and I'm sure that you are objective about Julian, but he does himself no favours by wearing silly hats whilst being stripped to the waist, and groaning on about the petro dollar. His recent prosletysing is more Mr Sting and, merciful heavens..god forbid..boy george, rather than the sonic wailing gravitas of Jimi Hendrix..or George Michael
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Aug 03, 2007, 17:59
Guardian related - the Africa theme on Readers Recommend is getting quite a few votes for the track we know as Kilimanjaro by the Teardrop Explodes:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2007/08/readers_recommend_songs_about_1.html
earthlingdave
earthlingdave
285 posts

Edited Aug 03, 2007, 18:31
Aug 03, 2007, 18:30
so was it a boater or not deephinder!!!!!
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Aug 04, 2007, 00:01
Sadly it was not a boater. I dont mind a boater, my sister had one It was popular in the 70's I recall Tony Blair wore one at one of the 2 universities
Unsung Forum Index