Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
You Gotta Problem With Me booklet - it's amazon, isn't it?

43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: You Gotta Problem With Me booklet - it's amazon, isn't it?
Jun 25, 2007, 14:58
I put my thoughts so far on the other YGAPWM thread (in 2 posts), but here it is in one:

I like it! A few tracks that really made me prick up my ears on first listen - all on the 2nd half of CD2.

The first one is 'Can't Get You Out of My Country' - the one that caused all the controversy on here the other day!!! Turns out Mrs A was right - it's not 'set' in Europe - & has nowt to do with migrants. Great 'Gotta Get Out of this Place' groove & lotsa melody too!

Love the following track, 'Vampire State Building' - a catchy little ditty with a nice plodding groove. 'Hidden Doorways' sounds good to me, despite a rhythm-box kinda sound. 'Shame Shame Shame' to me is very Copey & an almost 'traditional'-sounding acoustic protest song. Nice electric riff at the end (albeit with some dodgy Copey 'packing-case' percussion)!

Early to say, but if some of the rest (esp CD1) grows on me, this could become my fave recent Julian album!

Interesting possible Bowie reference in the accent he sings in towards the end of Soon to Forget Ya, perhaps as a result of the lyrics...?

On 2nd listen now & I'm wondering how I missed noticing that I really like 'A Child was Born in Carrig-Y-Drudion' & 'Woden' too! And the guitar solo at the end of 'Sick Love'. Suspect I was actually working & not listening!!!

Just CD1 to 'work on' now, then.... ;^)

love

Moth
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index