Unsung Forum »
45 Revolutions

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Re: 45 Revolutions
Jan 15, 2008, 08:19
Wow! Thanks, Dok. Looks like it's time to contact the old band and tell 'em all.
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Jan 15, 2008, 13:08
Blimey he’s covered some ground on there! I’ve got so many of those singles in an old shhwepps crate like the mobile disco blokes used to use. I shall be checking for the ones he’s missed - wont we all?

Bozos -Weekend Girl. Me and a mate are on the cover of that (crowd shot very little but I know we’re there), He sadly took his own life a year later and I didnt find out until 25 years after that.

Valves - It don’t mean nothing at all.
Alright!

Great link Dok
baytree
2 posts

Feb 25, 2008, 12:34
Valve wrote:

Bozos -Weekend Girl. Me and a mate are on the cover of that (crowd shot very little but I know we�re there), He sadly took his own life a year later and I didnt find out until 25 years after that.

"Weekend Girl" is one of very favourite records ever. It's just fantastic.

And Kid Calamity needn't be embarrassed about his band - GIRL GUIDED MISSILES. It's a good record, and hardly the worst band name in the world.

Cheers,
Steve
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Feb 25, 2008, 17:11
baytree wrote:

"Weekend Girl" is one of very favourite records ever. It's just fantastic.

I'm gonna have to look it out again and play it now. The picture on the cover is from Headstone(d) park in North Harrow, 1978, a Rock against Racism gig with Misty. the Bozos were a bunch of Chelsea supporting hippies who lived in a squat on Harrow on the Hill and played a Monday night residency at the Roxborough pub doing songs by the Small faces, Flamin' Groovies and Gram Parsons and then started writing songs of their own one of which was Weekend Girl, another was called Armchair Theatre - a bit Costello'ish. I fucking loved them. They changed their name to Flying Colours in 79, played a gig at the Kensington and then dissapeared.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index