Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re: JC Rarities Compilation
Feb 04, 2009, 16:50
As Brik says - the 7" edit of "Sunspots"

Also - there seems to be some confusion re the remix of WSYM

There are two Trouble Funk remix's on the 12" - one is on the Followers of Saint Julian - the other isn't

Are any of these the same as on the standard CD EP = and which one qualifies for this collection?
Brik
587 posts

Edited Feb 04, 2009, 17:14
Feb 04, 2009, 17:09
That's just reminded of the WSYM Bass End production mix off the promo box. Though on checking it says "powered by Troublefunk" so I don't know if that's the same as on the 12" one. It's 3.08 long at any rate.

I don't know if the Rite, Odin or Discover Odin count, but they're OOP now at any rate (and rare as rocking horse shit).
LunarTunes
107 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 17:28
Brik wrote:
The standard Suffocate's on the Wilder CD, hence the cheeky incentive to buy The Greatest Hit for the strings version.
For what it's worth I've got the Screaming Secrets boot in mp3 format.
I didn't notice the single edit of Sunspots on the list, it's in the Children Of Nuggets box set, but it's never been on any JC CD if memory serves. I dunno if that qualifies or not but there you go.

Ah! I had no idea that the "Baroque Version" of "Suffocate" is on THE GREATEST HIT. Cheeky incentive will now work for me. Plus, I'm striking that one off the list. Thanks!...

As for the "Sunspots" edit, I've purposely left single edits/shorter versions off the list since they don't contain any new music....
LunarTunes
107 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 17:50
elegant chaos wrote:
As Brik says - the 7" edit of "Sunspots"

Also - there seems to be some confusion re the remix of WSYM

There are two Trouble Funk remix's on the 12" - one is on the Followers of Saint Julian - the other isn't

Are any of these the same as on the standard CD EP = and which one qualifies for this collection?

It seems that the two Trouble Funk remixes are the same piece of music with the A-Side being the full version and the B-Side being a shorter edit. It's the full version on THE FOLLOWERS OF ST. JULIAN. And since the shorter version is just an edit, it's not on the list. The same goes for the "Sunspots" edit...

Peace.
LunarTunes
107 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 17:56
Brik wrote:
That's just reminded of the WSYM Bass End production mix off the promo box. Though on checking it says "powered by Troublefunk" so I don't know if that's the same as on the 12" one. It's 3.08 long at any rate.

I don't know if the Rite, Odin or Discover Odin count, but they're OOP now at any rate (and rare as rocking horse shit).

Although I don't have that box, the 3:08 length would make it exactly the same as the Trouble Funk remix short version on the B-Side of the 12". So without being able to hear it, I'm gonna guess that it is one and the same track...

And although those other lovelies are OOP, they don't make the list. I guess rather than "Rarities", the list I made is more of an attempt to gather those tracks that have gotten lost along the way and never found a home on a CD reissue or official CD comp. The OOP discs you mention are certainly rarities but since they are full CD's, they don't make this list. Meanwhile, I'll be upping the prune juice dosage for my rocking horse in the hopes that DISCOVER ODIN pops out one day...

Peace.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Lunar Tunes
Feb 04, 2009, 17:59
This straddles the line between rarity and not having any new music on it.

I Gotta Walk was featured on a free cassette called Class Of '94 available with Vox magazine. It was billed as a 'remix' and there are some additional bleeps and squibbles on it.

These straddle the line between should it be classed as Julian Cope or shouldn't it.

Thighpaulsandra - I, Thighpaulsandra.

This contains Beneath The Frozen Lake Of Stars and has Julian on guitar. It may or may not be something that would have featured on the third Queen Elizabeth album.

There's an album (about which the details escape me right now - something to do with Serpents). It's got Julian performing on one track.
LunarTunes
107 posts

Re: Lunar Tunes
Feb 04, 2009, 18:11
Vybik Jon wrote:
This straddles the line between rarity and not having any new music on it.

I Gotta Walk was featured on a free cassette called Class Of '94 available with Vox magazine. It was billed as a 'remix' and there are some additional bleeps and squibbles on it.

These straddle the line between should it be classed as Julian Cope or shouldn't it.

Thighpaulsandra - I, Thighpaulsandra.

This contains Beneath The Frozen Lake Of Stars and has Julian on guitar. It may or may not be something that would have featured on the third Queen Elizabeth album.

There's an album (about which the details escape me right now - something to do with Serpents). It's got Julian performing on one track.

That straddles the line alright but if it says "remix" and it has additional bleeps and squiggles, I reckon it qualifies. And it must be quite rare to boot since I'd never heard of the damn thing before now. Thanks!...

As for the others, I've tried to stick to things that either bore Julian Cope's name or were from groups of which he was a permanent member. I'd be all for a separate list of guest appearances and collaborations but this one's giving me enough of a headache. If someone were to put together such a list, there's also "My Wall" with Sunn0)))) (or however the hell you spell/punctuate it)...

Peace.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: Lunar Tunes
Feb 04, 2009, 18:14
Click on my name in red and send me an e-mail, as I may still have a second copy of the cassette.
LunarTunes
107 posts

Feb 04, 2009, 18:31
I suppose another thing that should be on there is the "Soldier Blue" remixes that were apparently posted on this site a couple of years ago. Does anyone know what format/bitrate they were posted in? I have them as 44.1kHz/162kbps (VBR) mp3's. Is that how they were posted or did someone re-encode them along the way to me? They may be lossy files but if they're official they make the list...

Peace.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Feb 20, 2009, 11:07
Feb 04, 2009, 18:32
I think these are official (at least some of them) as they have appeared on 12" versions in the UK and on the Dancing Heads ep in the US.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index