Hawkwind Space Ritual Sundown Deluxe Ed

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Erm...
Oct 19, 2005, 17:28
aah, its a one of them. mm, feck...what is it......check the file sizes, it will most likely be in the mpeggav or the VCD bits
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Hawkwind Space Ritual Sundown Deluxe
Oct 19, 2005, 17:31
i THINK that it is also available here - http://www.101cd.com/music/info.asp?id=6144536

that says it is a double cd, but the catal;ogue number & tracklisting are exactly the same as on my single cd copy
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Re: Erm...
Oct 19, 2005, 18:11
I'm struggling.

I'll have another go tomorrow, but more suggestions would help.

x
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

okaillydokilly
Oct 19, 2005, 18:51
I've just checked one of my VCD's - which is what it sounds like you have. Summat you can play in a DVD player, or on a PC?

I have four folders - CDI, Segment, VCD & mpegav. All of them are needed in order to play the cd on a dvd player (they include the menu page & 'start' instructions).

Only the file in the mpegav folder is actually needed to play the file oon a PC/mac. This is probably called AVSEQ01.DAT

Note - thats a DAT file. Sometimes they will be rejected by e-mails as inherently dodgy as they can contan any kind of macro, exe, virus, etc within them. they will, probably, only be playable on a truly classy bit of pc software called VLC, rather than thru media player or quick time if the DAT file is sent on its own.

The other files are teeny tiny tho - 478kb on the disc I'm checking - so you could just zip the whole thing & mail it out easilly that way.

Hope thats some help
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: okaillydokilly
Oct 19, 2005, 18:53
>Summat you can play in a DVD player, or on a PC?

thts an inclusive not exclusive 'or' - ie it could be played in either, not one or t'other
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oct 19, 2005, 20:09
It looks like this could be one that never happens.

I have no idea how to create a zip folder and/or get the other files into it.

Sorry.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Oct 19, 2005, 21:35
:-)

if you have winzip installed (assuming you are on a pc) you should just be able to right click on the main file (the cd I guess) and it should offer you the opportunity to 'add to zip file'. you just create a new one (follow the process through, its dead straightforward) and...bingo!

I think most pc's now come with a lite version of winzip installed and that should do it straightforwardly.

Is there a dat file in that location I suggested? If so you could mail it me (my lovely mac will cope with it no probs) & I could see if I can make it more widely playable, as it were.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oct 20, 2005, 09:44
I have no idea what to do now.

I've highlighted the five folders, right clicked and gone for the zip thing - nothing happened. A few small black screens flashed up and then disappeared.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Oct 20, 2005, 10:57
aah right, in that case.......

mmm, I've no idea. That's well weird. Try e-mailing the DAT file if you can, I could see if I could do owt with it.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oct 20, 2005, 11:11
I just tried and it bounced back as too big an attachment.

Sigh...
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index