Re: Top three gigs
Aug 25, 2005, 15:30
See I kept quiet and didn't mention it KC! xxxx
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 15:40
Thank gawd for that SC, he's so touchy about hitting 45!!

(oops)
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 15:41
And he had the cheek to call me old!!!!!!!!! bless his little bed socks xxxxxxxxx '-) xx
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 15:51
He's not getting any less naughty though:
(from Lloyds TSB report)

164/05 17 August 2005
CALAMITY KIDS COST PARENTS £3 BILLION
British parents could find themselves saddled with a hefty repair bill this summer as the cost of keeping the kids at home in the holidays takes its toll. New research1 from Lloyds TSB Insurance shows that while schoolÕs out for summer, accidental damage claims go through the roof, rising by 25 per cent2. Almost a third (30 per cent) of mothers and fathers say their children have had holiday accidents in the home, causing everything from broken windows to wrecked furniture Ð at a cost of more than £3 billion. Phil Loney, managing director, Lloyds TSB Insurance, said: ÒAny parent knows that kids can be quite a drain on the finances! But as our research shows, itÕs not just the cost of food, clothes and entertainment that burns holes in our pockets. With the long summer holidays meaning many kids spend more time at home, the risk of damage to our properties also increases.Ó The cost of kidsÕ catastrophes varies from home to home. A fifth (21 per cent) of all parents say their bill has hit the £100 mark, while 17 per cent say theyÕve had to spend up to £200. Fourteen per cent have parted with as much as £500, while seven per cent have found themselves shelling out an eye-watering £1000. The most common domestic disasters caused by children are smashed ornaments (39 per cent), damaged carpets (39 per cent), broken furniture (33 per cent), damaged electrical items (29 per cent), soiled walls (27 per cent) and shattered windows. One in twenty (5 per cent) reported that their kids had even destroyed family heirlooms.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 15:54
Flaming 'eck no wonder he said he had to work today........... xxx
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 16:05
broken furniture (33 per cent), Does that include self-assembly furniture??
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 16:07
Absolute class Ron ;-) xxxxxxx
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 16:31
I saw the Orb at RFH, (remember, Squid, Nat?) with Gong and Acid Mother's Temple , October 2001. It was quite wonderful

The giant orb! The killer terra-bass. The awsomeness of it! Just great. People dancing in every aisle and row.

Saw them recently (2004) and it was like watching a different band, just bleh.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 21:02
I've just caught up with all this disrepectful chatter. No wonder my ears were burning.

The reason I was reluctant to tell my age to anyone was because I'm in the physical shape of a man half my age, and didn't want to upset you forty-something wrecks.

Having said that, I am a little concerned about this weekend's 'Stag Do' in Prague with a pack of young Derbyshire whippersnappers. Will I keep up...Or more to the point, will I throw up? I'll pack a few Aspirins, just in case.
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index