Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: 16 & 27 (and 21)
Mar 05, 2017, 01:24
modulator wrote:
Citizensmurf wrote:
modulator wrote:
Not sure if anyone cares a decade or two after the fact, but just in case anyone is staying up late at night wondering ...

The Blackjack 21 matrix number was reserved for the unreleased Cardinal Sin 3-LP box set that would have been a split release with Ceres records (Jack21/Ceres02); the only releases on Ceres were the Hawkwind tribute (Ceres01, both LP & CD) and F/i's 'Helioscopium' (Ceres03, CD-only). A DAT preliminary master for the set exists, but that's as far as it went. Although the world would probably be a better place had it actually been released (in an edition of 2 or 3 hundred copies at most).

Most (not all!) of the bands on the label are ancient history now, but Liquorball played a show in San Francisco last month, and played at one of two Steve MacKay memorial shows around this time last year - the bigger of the two was in Steve's long-time hometown of Pacifica, with Mike Watt headlining (playing a Minutemen-intensive set, with an encore of Funhouse side 2, Jello singing); the next night saw a smaller show in San Francisco, with Liquorball headlining after Glitter Wizard played, both bands being joined by Adam Beach on saxophone (both Steve and Adam played on the first Glitter Wizard album).

I do still care, thanks for clearing that up. I managed to find most of those old records, except for the Brainbombs LPs which are too pricey for me. I'd love to hear that unreleased Cardinal Sin box, and now that you mention it, I think I recall reading about it in one of those Poo-Poo lists which I acquired years later.

Glad to hear you care! I could be wrong, but if you want to have them, you should probably get the Brainbombs albums for under $50 while you still can ...

After I posted the previous message, I remembered the obvious reason for no Jack#1 ... the lowest possible score in BlackJack is 2 (two aces). The same reason why #21 was reserved for an un-realized pipe dream. And why #22 had to be reserved for a Liquorball album ... THAT Liquorball album ... some owners of that album have a very special paint job ...

https://www.discogs.com/label/48594-Blackjack-Records

Ignore the mistaken releases, but this is the complete BJ disco. Jack 001 was the first Liquorball 7" "Come and Fly with us".

Unsung Forum Index