JOHN LYDON on 'I'm a celeb......'

141 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: point scoring
Feb 09, 2004, 15:31
I can't help it, but I feel that Lydon appearing in The Sun IS worse than The Darkness doing it. Don't get me wrong. I think ANYONE endorsing The Sun or using it to further their career is pretty much selling their grandmother. The thing is The Darkness are a tongue-in-cheek homage/parody (depending on your angle). They're entertainment and don't profess to be anything else. The Pistols on the other hand were a major part of a social revolution, in the UK at least. They stood for something that scared the government and establishment figures. They spoke up against political hypocrisy and provided a voice and movement for a nation's disillusioned youth. The Sun on the other hand has always been first in line to attack such movements and people's freedom to speak not only what they want, but to speak THE TRUTH. I find it harder to take that Lydon could talk to Scum like that, even if he tells himself it's for charridy. The Darkness I can easily believe don't give a fuck about any favours they could be doing The Sun. Still, one of the things Lydon did prove by doing that programme is that he isn't predictable and will do things which piss people like me off who sometimes expect something else from him.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index