Led Zep suck logs

Pages: 25 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: well yeah!
Jul 07, 2003, 12:06
I'm with you on this Moons. I've loved Zep since I was a spotty oik. I'd not really heard any Metallica till St Anger, which a bloke at work forced down me lugs - and I agree, it really does rock.

So ner to all the detractors (and the real tractors too).

Peace n Noise
Squid
x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: well yeah!
Jul 07, 2003, 12:08
AND I like Queens of the Stone Age too. Double ner.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

au contraire
Jul 07, 2003, 12:09
Albion comes from 'Alba', with reference to the whitte chalk cliffs of Britains south east coast.

It's now a state of mind as much as a place, in fact, it's typically 'spiritual', as is Celtic legend, an oral history propped up by ruins and dreams, old forests and changing fortunes.

I have yet to read this book, yet the review strikes a chord, i.e Peter Ackroyd has grabbed the thread and become part of the weave?

http://www.frieze.com/column_single.asp?c=98
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Led Zep suck logs
Jul 07, 2003, 12:12
I'll give you pants! And slapped legs. Only certain girls are allowed to like Led Zeppelin ;-)
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Jul 07, 2003, 12:12
Yeah, I gave a fairly personal view on the matter, up until yesterday. Without declaring they were this or that and admitting my own punk stigma probabily clouds my objective judgement. I thought I was being fairly even handed, then had 'Muso Fascists' & 'Poohy diapers' thrown at me. The Zep fans have done nothing to convince me of me of their greatness only reaffirmed what I thought might be my own preconceptions of much of their fan base.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Delusions and Gimp rock
Jul 07, 2003, 12:13
Don't you mean Radiohead? And the feudal barbarity of students wondering who is cool this week?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jul 07, 2003, 12:13
>(I don't like Led Zep either - pants)<

Do you mean you don't like LZ's pants, or just pants in general?
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Jul 07, 2003, 12:14
yeah ones that go for sixth form gimps.
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Jul 07, 2003, 12:17
Jimmy Page used to wear double sets of pants to go with his double necked guitar.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Ya!
Jul 07, 2003, 12:18
up yer arse clartyssmartpants, there is no message in Zep other than ride a big cock horse to Kerrangery Toss. Keep on judging it suits yer mien, so -called MONKEH! :-)

WHoohooo!!

DAHANDHANDHANH, to the land of theiceandsnow..AIIYEEARGGHHHYARGHY! (trips over mic stand, oofghy... parp. sob)
Pages: 25 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index