Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 121 22 23 24 25 26 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Another Election
May 04, 2017, 16:53
thesweetcheat wrote:
My "own slip up"? Care to elaborate as I have no idea what that means.

No, I have decided to be guided by your earlier post below as I feel there is no need to elaborate. What I said was quite clear.

'The point is this is a discussion board and people can choose to read and reply to whatever they wish'.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

May 04, 2017, 17:00
Convenient.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

May 04, 2017, 17:08
BTW I don't get that 'nasty' thing? When the EU start to negotiate the best separation they can on behalf of their members its nasty? When the Tories start to do it, its what? Noble and heroic?

Thankfully we've got David Davis on our team....
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

May 04, 2017, 17:51
:)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 04, 2017, 18:10
Locodogz wrote:
Convenient.

It certainly is thanks to tsc. It's by far the best out of his 43 posts on this thread so far :-)

I am only kidding, tsc is a legend over the road on TMA.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

May 04, 2017, 23:28
Littlestone wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
Why is May terrified of Sturgeon?

I wasn’t aware that she is drew – they seem pretty evenly matched to me, but I’d be interested to read your sources for that if you have them handy.

Sturgeon was in my home town in the North East of Scotland today and May went Crathie and spoke in the wee village hall to a selected audience. Nuff said really.

Hmmm... not really ‘nuff said' drew. How many times have May and Sturgeon been campaigning in the same place at the same time? Like most politicians they tend to avoid each other like the plague during election time. Hardly enough to assume, from that one example, that May is ‘terrified’ of Sturgeon. It’s a start, however, if we can find other examples. :-)

And now avoiding the local press in various parts.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

May 05, 2017, 09:06
Thank you, you can feel you've put me in my place now.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 05, 2017, 09:33
Rhiannon wrote:

Yes, on a pedestal so far as most of the long term readers of this forum are concerned. You carry on, saying as much or as little as you want.

On another tack, this is a crazy day for health care isn't it - Obamacare being destroyed for the American poor to give benefits to the rich and many of the poor in Britain unwittingly signaling they're up for the NHS being wrecked.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

May 05, 2017, 09:47
Rhiannon wrote:

It’s not my intention to put anyone ‘in their place’ Rhiannon but, if forums such as this are going to benefit from its contributors, then it’s beholden on us all to give due consideration to each others’ posts and opinions before replying (sensibly and courteously) to them.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

May 05, 2017, 10:39
You're too kind Nigel. I hope you are well. It's a beautiful day out there.

Yep it's very strange, in fact it's totally incomprehensible to me, that anyone can fall for the idea that people who are rich and powerful might give up any of that wealth and power to ordinary scum. The Tories don't care about the NHS because they've got private healthcare plans and they don't see why you shouldn't manage your income to sort one out for yourself. I can't see how a country that imagines itself civilised (i.e. America) doesn't look after the health of its poorest and most vulnerable - you'd like to think compassion for others was a basic human trait, and certainly one espoused by Christianity (god knows we have to hear what good Christians the US polititians are). But there they are voting to actually remove support. Essentially because it "costs businesses too much".

The world is really mad and I'm starting to realise it might not get any better.
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 121 22 23 24 25 26 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index