History is a merry-go-round

4 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
marr
marr
61 posts

Re: History is a merry-go-round
Nov 15, 2002, 13:00
Pentagon to handle security: is this the same Pentagon that had a civilian jet rammed into it by a couple of men armed with cookie cutters?

And if someone were indeed hell bent on mega sabotage in Prague what exactly is an F-16 fighter going to do about it? Blitz Prague's metro system? Or do they think this sabotage is going to involve some 'masked' teenager breaking into a Czech military base, nicking a Mig 23 and trying to ram one up Bush's sphincter? Or perhaps these F-16s are going to be given open green light to shoot down any 'suspect' civilian aircraft that doesn't respond to air traffic control calls for more than, say, 5 seconds (hey those Bin Laden men really blend in the homogeneous blond Czech landscape, you never know). I'm surprised the arrangement doesn't involve drone aircrafts firing missiles at any vehicle driven by men sporting dark beards, Yemen stylee.

>>But the Czech government, in the person of the defence minister, has to give the green light for any US use of force.<<

Yeah, I bet. Here's to trouble flaring and the Czechs & Americans disagreeing completely on how it should be handled (the interpreters will be on their coffee break), leading hopefully to a big firefight between the two armies in which Bush ends up as collatoral damage. Well, I can dream.

Havel - Bronchitis is obviously a lot more taxing on the mind than previously thought.

I know this Czech thing is a temporary arrangement but it's disconcerting to note how the US has been quietly deploying troops all over the world this past decade, especially right on Moscow's door step (Caspian area, the Stan republics, Persian gulf, Balkans, tiny islands in the pacific, Iceland, central America...)

U-Know! Forum Index