Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: The scumbag dhajjieboy agrees with!
May 06, 2015, 17:56
Lawrence wrote:
You started it by suggesting the political Left supported Extreme Islam.

All that said though, and yep he is an arse, you did make a really fucking awful racist comment. To a lot of people apologies don't cut it as you could obviously think it to write it. Seen ? I'm sorry I'm a racist doesn't work, no matter how you word it to not sound like that. The phrase occured in your head, and you wrote it, and you pressed post, thats a lot of decision making filters it went through.

I'm not saying it's beyond redemption, but fucking hell, it's alien to me and lots of other people for that phrase to even pop into our heads as a reasonable thing to say. It just wouldn't occur.
Lawrence
9547 posts

May 06, 2015, 19:16
Truth is I really don't think of people that way but maybe it's just because all I hear about in the news anymore is all these religious extremists in faraway lands and that people in high places expect me to fear such people. I just get angry about it. OK so I admit there was some prejudice about that, at least it's not that I think such people are a threat more than just I'm not interested in them. That was really the point I was trying to make but unfortunately I used inappropriate language.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited May 06, 2015, 19:40
May 06, 2015, 19:37
Frankly also if you ask me most of the focus on terrorism is making me depressed these days, not just being angry. It seems like the news media just can't focus on anything else but this. Alright maybe this isn't an excuse. If you ask me though I have more hatred for the Pamela Gellers' or the Dick Cheneys' of this world than the ethnic groups they constantly focus on.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

May 06, 2015, 22:27
stray wrote:
billding68 wrote:
stray wrote:
billding68 wrote:
But Mapplethorpe could put a crucifix in a jar of piss and call it "art"

Not Maplethorpe. Andreas Serrano.

As for the rest of your points, a minority do not represent the whole of Islam.

not going to argue but its a rather large minority that is growing and spreading (pretty much every continent except for Antarctica has seen violence at the hand of these minority extremists in the last decade)
As for getting the "artist" wrong my bad but that's not really the point is it? you can basically shit on the cross in the name of free speech but draw a picture of Muhammad and your fucking dead. right?

It's only a large minority in your head, and in the medias. Get a grip, there are roughly 2 billion muslims in the world. Stop generalising like ever other bigot, step out of the echo chamber and do some research. Terrorism is terrorism, it always takes the same shape, same goes for insurgencies, and extremist groups in general. They are always tiny minorities.

If you had clicked on the link you would see that no you can't shit on the cross with no comeback. The work has been repeatedly attacked and Andreas has been threatened over it repeatedly. As I said you chose a really bad example. Getting the artist wrong kind of underlines that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Advice : Don't reach for examples from a field you have limited knowledge of, you just look silly and ill informed.

If you create work knowing it's going to be offensive then expect a backlash. No artist has the right to bitch when they are attacked by a minority that they know will obviously be offended. Of course no-one deserves to die for a scribble. But anyone who knowingly makes a scribble and publicises it for the sole of aim of pissing off a group likely to murder. purely so they can point the finger and say 'SEE! we told you so'. So as to push their own, frankly, murderous agenda is a cunt who deserves what they get.

I don't know you so don't fucking take that tone with me first of all. secondly a "small" percentage of 2 billion is still large and last but not least go fuck yourself.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 06, 2015, 22:42
Oh dear....
You've really overstepped your bounds.
Only Stray is allowed to be the final word on all matters.
Only HE knows.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 06, 2015, 23:47
May 06, 2015, 23:41
Please explain your motives dhajjieboy, agenda, politics and opinions as concisely as you can, instead of trying (mainly unsuccessfully) to annoy people. I feel quite sorry for you actually, that you have to stoop to such mud slinging without any coherent and focused argument. I would be interested to hear what you have said on other internet 'so called debates' instead of hiding behind some kind of anonymity and giving the impression of being a 'keyboard hardman'.

Personally, you don't annoy me. It would take much more than that!
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited May 07, 2015, 01:07
May 07, 2015, 01:02
stray wrote:
Lawrence wrote:
You started it by suggesting the political Left supported Extreme Islam.

All that said though, and yep he is an arse, you did make a really fucking awful racist comment. To a lot of people apologies don't cut it as you could obviously think it to write it. Seen ? I'm sorry I'm a racist doesn't work, no matter how you word it to not sound like that. The phrase occured in your head, and you wrote it, and you pressed post, thats a lot of decision making filters it went through.

I'm not saying it's beyond redemption, but fucking hell, it's alien to me and lots of other people for that phrase to even pop into our heads as a reasonable thing to say. It just wouldn't occur.

Should we solemnly declare Lawrence's right to joke in an initially seemingly inappropriate way? I think Lawrence was attempting to ventriloquize the other chap saying something he didn't. Possibly projecting the worst thing Lawrence could imagine anyone saying?

I think it at least possible that Stray is guilty of peddling a sectarian doctrine, stifling discourse with faultlessly liberal reasoning. I work in a factory. I would not be able to talk to any of my colleagues if I adopted the reasoning he sets out above... I would be unable to argue from anything other than what they would perceive as an extreme position.

On reflection the idea that another be capable of "alien ideas" is equally as repugnant as any other reason to assume authority or superiority over another. An attempt to understand or empathize, followed by a dissection and then an attempt to destroy another persons ideas is roughly the path my stand up rows conducted knee deep in viscera chart.

I understand that others don't have to try to explain why Nigel Farage is a twat to a person whose job is killing stuff and hobby is breeding large bad tempered chickens for the travelling community... but I still think it obvious that a blindness to ethical slips is vital for honest and valuable discourse. However I find the term Knob Jockey creative and funny, so what do I know.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

May 07, 2015, 02:34
dhajjieboy wrote:
Oh dear....
You've really overstepped your bounds.
Only Stray is allowed to be the final word on all matters.
Only HE knows.

Hmmm...that writing style shore sounds familiar. Haven't we seen you someplace before?
Lawrence
9547 posts

May 07, 2015, 03:14
I could've said something worse than that. Frankly I personally felt bad after saying what I said however. Well I'm sure most who know me here probably don't see me as a racist, OK? I don't think I was ever that, or not outright, but I will admit I have been prejudiced towards people at times. Everyone I generally come across I tend to be courteous to, no matter who they are or what they look like.

I don't understand how my apology was in any way half-hearted or insincere, I must say. If one doesn't accept that, well, it's a matter of his opinion. But the thing about dhajjieboy is that he was trying to be provocative from the getgo with his cheesy sarcasm. I mean he was looking for a reaction form someone and basically looking for trouble.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

May 07, 2015, 03:54
Lawrence wrote:
I could've said something worse than that. Frankly I personally felt bad after saying what I said however. Well I'm sure most who know me here probably don't see me as a racist, OK? I don't think I was ever that, or not outright, but I will admit I have been prejudiced towards people at times. Everyone I generally come across I tend to be courteous to, no matter who they are or what they look like.

I don't understand how my apology was in any way half-hearted or insincere, I must say. If one doesn't accept that, well, it's a matter of his opinion. But the thing about dhajjieboy is that he was trying to be provocative from the getgo with his cheesy sarcasm. I mean he was looking for a reaction form someone and basically looking for trouble.

as well as playing both sides of the field.this whole thread was bad mojo from the get go.screw that troll and lets move on..
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index