U-Know! Forum »
Chomsky on Iraq

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: An analogy
Oct 18, 2002, 12:11
I did intend my sniping to be at _you_ the reader, not you personally Jim, I am just too darn hungover to convey my thoughts properly.

I fully accept that you have probably done more to stop this war and future wars than I have, and I fully intend to make up for that by helping stop the next war to give you some time to stop the next ones. I try to remember my own spiritual poverty when i post, although I realise I come across as an arrogant git quite often, its a flaw in my writing style as much as anything, too many ideas and too little wit.

Being drunk is an excuse for anything in Scotland.
I could kill Blair, and say sorry Judge, I was drunk and be let off with a wry smile ( which Scot hasn't killed a premier when they were drunk). I realise its not much of an excuse on the internet for being boorish, sorry.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: An analogy
Oct 18, 2002, 12:34
whoah, don't go too far. I've done some stuff i'm proud of in my life, but i'm not sure stopping wars is among them ;-)

I don't claim any moral high ground here; i just believe in different tactics to you in the battle to resist the same injustice. Wasn't saying anything more than that.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Prophiteering?
Oct 18, 2002, 21:11
Just as well. *scowl*
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Prophiteering?
Oct 18, 2002, 21:13
Sorry, I appear to have failed to make my point. It was the tacking onto TWAT of any justification for actually going in.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Chomsky on the Internet
Oct 23, 2002, 11:02
http://www.guardian.co.uk/internetnews/story/0,7369,812968,00.html
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index