Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Cameron - cuts are permanent, not to clear deficit.

38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Aug 09, 2010, 11:31
Re: Cameron - cuts are permanent, not to clear deficit.
Aug 09, 2010, 11:26
geoffrey_prime wrote:

Let's get the "book", "balanced".

Sorry, I can't resist, cos you've really overdone the quote thing here. This suggests you understand what the "book" actually is and what the correct definition of the term "balanced" is. I have a sneaking suspicion that you don't understand either what the "book" is, and what "balanced' actually means, within the context of this "book". You are also suggesting that we (the U-Know hive mind in your terms) don't understand it.

So.. assuming you mean by book "government spending" please define what you mean by "balanced". Do you think governments should return a true balance, and by that I mean a zero balance on years end ? do you think that is attainable ? (If not, what is acceptable or attainable in terms of difference share between incomes and expenditures ?) Do you have an example of any government or state system where this is not only possible, but is actually desirable within the political theory that the state/government is functioning within ?

It is only by being able to address this, that you can truly show us that you've actually thought about something for more than two minutes. Cos hey, you have to really. As you spend so much time belittling our analysis of political realities I think its time for you to actually try to backup your position of greater understanding with some proper analysis.

Or... (as is true of most on the right end of the political spectrum) do you just see someone in a nice suit use big words, who occasionally pays lip service to your own innate bigotries, and assume they know what they're doing and have our/your best interests at heart ? they know what they're doing right ? A lifetime spent in PR is a great preparation for handling international economics innit ?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index