6 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Dec 11, 2009, 15:31
Re: 7 billion euros
Dec 11, 2009, 15:29
Ha, indeed. However your analysis, while entertaining, is as meaningless as the figures themselves. Cos you don't know what it's going to being spent on, and if you did know then you would also have to generate a qualifiable metric that indicates the positive effect of what it's spent on, as in 'x' euros on 'a' thing would help in 'b' amounts against 'c' problem (which um.. would always be woolly at best).

Mind you , it is interesting that you are focussing on the metric of spend per capita, which the media also seems to be doing. I mean, yeah, its interesting to the general public as to how much is being taken from our wallets, but frankly thats not the point at all.

How this fund will be spent, thats the story to investigate. From what I can make out it will mostly be used to compensate (pay off and bribe) large carbon producers, and subsidise other energy sources. Its a way of working I s'pose.

Edit : It'll end up being corrupted and become a get rich quick scheme to some fuckers though, thats a given.

U-Know! Forum Index