Just what I thought. Predictable.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Obama to expand faith based programs
Jul 04, 2008, 16:40
Lawrence wrote:
Just what I thought. Predictable.

Yeah. I think Tinky's politics can now be summed up concisely by his analogy to 'looking like a pussy'. That's the core fear of every right winger and the reason our military is an overgrown and badly utilized institution.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jul 04, 2008, 17:10
That kind of "winning is everything" mentality is no good if you don't fix the country first.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Jul 04, 2008, 17:50
Jul 04, 2008, 17:43
Lawrence wrote:
That kind of "winning is everything" mentality is no good if you don't fix the country first.

Or to put it into terms that might bear more impact for them, just give 'em the parable of the attempt to remove a splinter from another's eye while having a whopping great 2X4 in your own. America's reputation was really trashed by the Bush invasion of Iraq because in trying to remove a brutal dictator we became brutal dictators. We have no credibility in the Middle East, not anymore. We are feared more than respected. This might be OK with the cynics who would have dominance over others at any cost (usually meaning at any cost to someone else) but it undermines all real authority, because we can't 'win hearts and minds' if we're going to be hypocrites.

The world has become too small and too fragile to keep on doing things the old way. This is why we need to get the fuck off the idea of buying so much fucking oil. Use our brilliance as a species collectively to dismantle the old monopolies of dependence and waste and give the world local control of their own resources, divorced (or at least eased) of the need to beg, borrow, or steal basic needs from others. Make this world a better place. It's really not that farfetched.
tinky10675
tinky10675
209 posts

Jul 04, 2008, 17:46
Once again PMM I totally agree with you. I don't like the way things are and I dont agree with the direction we are headed but it is just what it is.We better use oil as a way of buying time or we will be screwed for sure.We need alternatives that are viable though and more cost effective as well as better for the environment. As for You Hand of Dave I don't know what your problem is little boy but you need to back the fuck off. I haven't personally attacked your shallow views yet as I am all grown up but don't tempt me to lower myself to your level you wont like it.By the way would be happy to "talk with you in person dave if your ever near California or Hawaii as I reside in both places come on down.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 04, 2008, 18:02
tinky10675 wrote:
As for You Hand of Dave I don't know what your problem is little boy but you need to back the fuck off. I haven't personally attacked your shallow views yet as I am all grown up but don't tempt me to lower myself to your level you wont like it.By the way would be happy to "talk with you in person dave if your ever near California or Hawaii as I reside in both places come on down.

Jesus.

Love the little brag there at the end, Smilin' Bob.

Keep the Status Quo flying!
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jul 04, 2008, 18:05
*bangs heads together

you guys are really on the same side you know.

Dave and Lawrence, stop calling tinky right wing. He isn't. He just sees the Democrats as near-identical to the republicans. If that's the case, why should it make a difference who he votes for.

If you want to tell me how different they really are, fine, but I've come to the same conclusion as tinky. Does that mean I'm right wing? You called me and those that share my view uber-lefties a few weeks ago.

Tinky, don't tell Dave to fuck off. You're attempting to make a difficult and challenging argument. If people aren't understanding it, it doesn't make them the spawn of evil. They just have rarely encvountered anything beyond the usual 2 way arguments.
tinky10675
tinky10675
209 posts

Jul 04, 2008, 18:13
PMM wrote:
*bangs heads together

you guys are really on the same side you know.

Dave and Lawrence, stop calling tinky right wing. He isn't. He just sees the Democrats as near-identical to the republicans. If that's the case, why should it make a difference who he votes for.

If you want to tell me how different they really are, fine, but I've come to the same conclusion as tinky. Does that mean I'm right wing? You called me and those that share my view uber-lefties a few weeks ago.

Tinky, don't tell Dave to fuck off. You're attempting to make a difficult and challenging argument. If people aren't understanding it, it doesn't make them the spawn of evil. They just have rarely encvountered anything beyond the usual 2 way arguments.

Darn You for being right again! ARGGH ! By the way I must be the only right winger in the green party! LOL such rubbish! Either way it still comes down to voting for a Giant Douche(mc cain) or a Shit Sandwich(Obama) either way nothing will happen other then empty promises unfulfilled. So make your choice carefully cos it won't make a damn bit of difference. now as far as 2012 things may turn around if we get someone worth a damn if Obama wins hell be a 4yr prez and mc cain will be to old for a 2nd go around if he wins.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 04, 2008, 18:16
I'd argue that the Dems and the Republicans ARE quite alike is some regards but not in all, and to be a professed Green party member and vote for a guy who wants to rape the outer shoals for oil rather than give some more slack to alternative efforts is difficult to understand. It doesn't wash with me. Not to mention McCain's professed willingness to continue a military occupation in a country that has polled overwhelmingly against it.

A vote for McCain is a vote for the right wing, albeit indirectly, if you want to get technical about it.

I think Tinky is uncomfortable with the idea of a young black president who gives hope to disenfranchised Americans. I'm calling him out on this, if he'd care to respond without getting too ruffled.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 04, 2008, 18:18
tinky10675 wrote:
now as far as 2012 things may turn around if we get someone worth a damn if Obama wins hell be a 4yr prez and mc cain will be to old for a 2nd go around if he wins.

So what you're saying is that neither candidate is worth a damn.

But McCain is less not worth a damn than Obama.

God it's great to live in a democracy!
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index