Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
What's the point of an invitation when you know you hate the guest?

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: What's the point of an invitation when you know you hate the guest?
Sep 25, 2007, 08:43
**The Iranian leader was asked about the alleged executions of homosexuals in Iran. He sparked laughter from the audience when he denied they exist in his country.**

I bet that laughter was driven more by incredulous nervousness than anything else.
Incredulous towards the attitude of Bollinger as well as the Mahmoud's retarded 3rd century attitiude. I mean, when you're the president of a University FFS, you're not supposed to behave like that.
Or were audience members simply sneering? If so, count me out of that.
It actually devalues the suffering the Iranian people endure.

Does seem like Mahmoud was brought over like a duck to shoot pellets at, but again, I don't know what else he expected.

We all know human rights abuses over there are just dreadful. But for Bollinger to charge at at Mahmoud whilst hiding behind some cheapshot academic posturing, AND from the safety of his own environment , makes him look smug, self satisified, is just unproffesional and really unimpressive.

Perhaps Bollinger should go over like some of those brave jouranlists (several of who haven't made it back) and see it for himself. Instead of going on a 'textbook offensive' (sorry for the glib expression!).

x

U-Know! Forum Index