Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

You! Yes, you! Stand still laddy
Apr 04, 2007, 12:22
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6524495.stm

What a waste of money. Bad enough that your being watched all the time, now you will be shouted at by the men in charge. This is allmost like being at school. I cant see how this will work, surley the type of person who drops litter for instance is not going to respond to a voice from the rafters and i cant imagine it's going to be used to point out worse crimes. Sometimes i think this country is nuts.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: You! Yes, you! Stand still laddy
Apr 04, 2007, 13:17
It'll just get laughed at.
x
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Edited Apr 04, 2007, 13:30
Apr 04, 2007, 13:29
Quote: ""But the vast majority of people find that their life is more upset by people who make their life misery in the inner cities because they can't go out and feel safe and secure in a healthy, clean environment because of a minority of people," he added."

And this minority changes their personalities & habits by being yelled at by a loudspeaker? A man of deep insight that John Reid.
If my mother had been able to deliver high decibel messages like: "Tidy your room and stop smoking those funny-smelling cigarettes!", I would have been a different person.
earthlingdave
earthlingdave
285 posts

Apr 04, 2007, 14:10
i think your right, noones gonna take that seriously, oi u stop ramraiding that off liscence
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Apr 04, 2007, 15:07
Problem with this stuff is it's so easy to defeat, if you are of a mind to, and then it just becomes an expensive piece of tax-funded junk.

A pocket laser pointer can burn out the imaging chip, for example. I'm sure vandalism of these systems will follow soon after their installation.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Apr 04, 2007, 15:54
Hahahaha silly voice from above, oh i love it when you shout like that!
I mean really!
Some clever ned will stick a vocoder over it, and everyone will think it's Cher!
x
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Apr 04, 2007, 16:21
Great idea. I will rig up my own system that will, with an amplified voice of god, remind any slacking dog owners to pick up their beloved's poop off the sidewalk.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Apr 04, 2007, 16:26
Daleks would be good.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Apr 04, 2007, 16:30
YES!
x
earthlingdave
earthlingdave
285 posts

Apr 04, 2007, 17:30
20 years in the future all cctv cameras will have a device attatched from which 2 outsteretched arms come out, pulls the thugs pants down n gives em a cyber paddling.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index