36 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Why 'Debunkers' Help
Oct 17, 2006, 13:53
odannyboy wrote:
Two kinds of 9-11 truth deniers (debunkers) exist today: Those who deny our government has the expertise to carry out the 9-11 attack, and those who deny our government is diabolical enough to do it. Both are sadly mistaken.

I'm with you Morfe. Quite aside from the fact that a "debunker" is - by definition - a "truth seeker" and not a "truth denier", the opening line of that article is just plain wrong.

I am one of these so-called "truth-deniers". But I have never questioned the idea that the US government has the technical expertise to fly planes into buildings. Nor have I ever denied that the US government is "diabolical enough" to murder a few thousand people (one only has to look at the world since September 11th 2001 to realise they're capable of truly heinous crimes).

So clearly there are not "two kinds" of debunkers. There's at least three. People like me. People who believe the US government is capable of carrying out terrible crimes, but in this case; didn't. And until someone offers me facts to the contrary (as opposed to speculation based on a couple of indistinct CCTV images of the Pentagon and some news footage of NY) then I will remain one of that third kind of debunker... the annoying kind that demands actual "evidence" for their beliefs?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index