7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: 'free energy'
Aug 20, 2006, 00:40
wheelbarrow man wrote:
One thing that encourages me, and discourages me at the same time is the fact that magnetism has been largly ignored by science since its discovery.

It really hasn't been you know. Some of the finest scientific minds in history devoted almost their entire careers to the study of magnetism and electromagnetism (including Faraday, Shockley, Tesla and Gottlieb). Even Einstein spent a significant portion of his life researching (and explaining) electromagnetic fields.

However it's really since the potential of magnetic storage (initially tape but eventually magnetic discs such as floppy and hard drives) became known that industrial-scale research began. It's actually a fairly well understood subject these days.

I believe it is important to realise that in a time of depleting fossil fuels there's a huge commercial interest in new energy projects. So when people announce that they have disproved the laws of thermodynamics and energy conservation (fundamental physical laws that have stood up to rigorous scrutiny by some of humanity's finest minds for a couple of centuries) it's probably best to assume that they have either made a mistake or are trying to big-up their company and gain investment.

It's all very well to quote Shaw... "all great truths begin as blasphemies". But what Shaw was well aware of, though it doesn't get mentioned as often is this: 'Of course, so do many blasphemies'.

U-Know! Forum Index