Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Re: Emptiness is Full of Energy theE tAo
Jan 11, 2006, 13:56
"Things are gonna change doods!"

Care to explain your prophesy ? I have no idea how the old explanation of the Tao (which can arguably relate to the Casimir effect) can in anyway indicate that things are going to change. Are you just worshipping the dialectic, that everything changes anyway ? Or entropy ? pretty similar.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Jan 11, 2006, 13:58
Also the concept of ain soph sohr is pretty similar to the Tao emptiness is everything. Everything came from nothing, this is reasonable, not an earth shattering insight really I think.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jan 11, 2006, 14:19
No prophesy ... apart from this (may) change our concepts of *actuality* what it is and where we are within it. Possibly?

8O)
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Quantum Cresta*
Jan 11, 2006, 22:23
>The space between things can not just be *no thing* &. *No thing* can not *be* surely?

According to some, once you get down to really small things, and the gaps between them, it all gets frothy: http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/ask/a11792.html
Which raises the possibility of some fractally wierdness, with baby universes appearing at random.

* Cresta was a very fizzy kind of pop.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Re: Quantum Cresta*
Jan 11, 2006, 23:58
Indeed, Thats the main problem I have with the tao, ain soph sohr etc, etc. Nothing doesnt actually exist, well, it doesn't for long, something always *pops* up. I'm not sure that in modern physics 'nothing' can actually exist, it's all a bit wibbly to me when it gets into those areas. There seems to be a lot of contradicting arguments about that. And of course, planck gave us planck time as well as the planck length.. maybe nothing, if it existed, does so for less than one unit of planck time *shrug* dunno, back to the drink I say.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: Quantum Cresta*
Jan 12, 2006, 14:07
StrAnGe froth.

Very odd.

8O)
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index