3 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Even More Fossil Fuel!! Woo-hoo!!
Aug 04, 2004, 06:42
>> second coal rush

And China, with some of the dirtiest coal on the planet, will make billions!

I was watching that 'Global Warning' prog on the BBC last week and they had David Bellamy and the CEO of Shell on there. DB was saying there's no problem - "it's just a natural cycle" - and the CEO of Shell was saying there's a real problem! It was most odd to watch!

The Shell CEO talked of the undersea storage as an 'unexplored option'. He also talked about the developed world building huge carbon dioxide eating factories that would filter the air. He admitted that the technology was unknown, but saw it as the probable only way. It also meant that the big polluters would pay for cleaning their own mess - which I think is the one reason it will never happen!

The guests were all asked what the planet would be like in 20 years. Bellamy said 'about the same we can't do anything about it'. The bloke from Friends of the Earth said 'a lot worse'. The head of Shell said a bit worse, because 20 years is a short time and any workable technology will take at least 50 years to come about.

I am worried, because to me, out of all the guests, the Shell CEO was seemed to be in the most realistic manner!

U-Know! Forum Index