Filth?

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Filth?
Jul 20, 2004, 00:17
Just about to respond to your post when I read the next one that pre-empted me!

The problem is wider than just the existance of police; indeed their invention - and much of their work - is due to an increase in people fucking each other over.

As we became more of a mass society so we became disconnected from the people around us, and thus more able to fuck each other over. We don't know the people around us, and in fact there's so many of them that they stop being real. Once they're dehumanised, they're easier to dismiss/rob/whatever.

Abolishing the police tomorrow would be utterly disatrous. As a wee sniff of what'd happen, consider the inner city police 'no-go zones' of the 80s that Class War used to celebrate so much, havens for rampant robbing, gang wars and domestic violence.

But still, they certainly generate a shitload of problems of their own, and the solution is to work towards a society where people take responsibility for what goes on in their community, where people don't want to ignore those around them, much less fuck them over. A society where power is dissipated as far as possible, rather than the centralised in hierarchies so beloved of those who sit at the top of them.

No coppers, no gods, no masters, the abolition of work and the destruction of power. In a nutshell.

I don't pretend to hold any Master Plan of how to achieve this, but I believe that holding fast to your key issuesand keeping your eye on what you want you want rather than merely what you want rid of is the only way to get on the road to that place.

U-Know! Forum Index