Sore feet

13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2383 posts

Re: Sore feet
Oct 26, 2016, 13:47
Brasher used to be great, for a nominal fee, they even used to restitch/resole yer boots when they got worn out (do they still do that?), but like all boot manufacturers the quality seems to have gone through the floor. After all, if you're just sending em' back to get em' resoled every few years, where's the profitin that?.

I just buy Berghaus boots these days, roomy, instantly comfortable, and never a blister in sight, though the soles could do with being vibram (crap on wet rocks/mossy surfaces) and having a better grip pattern, but hey, latest pair of their 'top of the range' bought from a clearance outlet were £42 some years ago, and are only now starting to leak and need replacing (sole/heel is very worn too...no good if you want to avoid injuries).

I'd always say buy the next size up to what you usually have in boots fer hiking, cos' once you've got on two pairs of socks, and the general 'expansion' of the foot when warm/hot, plus I generally put a cushioning insole in there somewhere, it pays dividends in not getting rubbing and blisters.

Did buy a pair of Rohan hiking trainers when they were dipping their toe in the whole outdoor boot market. They were shit, toe/sole split away after about 6 weeks and half a dozen walks. Not much I could do though as I'd bought em' cheap from some clearance sale...won't make that mistake again. Stick to the leather Berghaus...can't go wrong.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index