Re: Detailed pictures
Sep 14, 2012, 17:05
tjj wrote:
bladup wrote:
tjj wrote:
bladup wrote:
tjj wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
frankly I think 100 would be more than ample, I can't imagine I'd ever find my way home again if I took 1000 :)

Ye gods, 100!! ... Please don't think I'm being a fuddyduddy - I've been following this discussion with great interest and am impressed at the patience of the answers given. My message to Bladup is clear your mind, do some meditating if helps but do stop taking hallucinogens - I believe they have a long term effect on your mental faculties (someone's got to say it).

I bet i'm so far from what you think i'm like.

I could probably say the same thing Bladup ... I probably said a lot less about myself on this forum than you have. I can tell you this though, I've seen enough good, talented people ruin their lives by taking 'mind altering substances' of various forms. I'm not preaching - really I'm not, just saying there is enough magic and wonder out there to observe and appreciate without the help of anything 'extra'. I know you think so too because I've see your art work and some of your photos. You've mentioned your children a few times - will it be ok for them to follow your example too.

I come from the same place in life as cope i was a knobhead until i opened my mind, substances do ruin some peoples lives but at the other end they are sometimes the making of some people, have you read cope's autobiographies as they show this better than i could ever dream of, if the answers no, i strongly advise you do, it will help you to better understand what i'm saying.

No I haven't got around to it yet ... will make a point of doing so. Thank you!

Please please please do, they are the best autobiographies ever, and pretty cheap as well, they are a bit shocking though, he wouldn't mind me saying he was a complete knobhead [at his first wedding he wouldn't let his wife cut the cake with him as he wanted to do it on his own], and if you do bare in mind it's what we were talking about earlier [ he has children as well and it's all there in a book, and it doesn't seem to have done them any harm].
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:07
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/8820/balnabodach.html

It might not look much but it is a represenation of Los Alamos 1945 . I know it seems odd that the markings are thousands of years before the place was built , but drink 300 bottles of Irn Bru on an empty stomache and you'll see the ancients were capable of knowing the future and this was a warning to avoid thinking too much and thus creating evil .
There's a bongo player in the corner but he only becomes apparent if you have a didge aong with the Bru , two didges and all the little people with hats can be seen dancing to the bongo player .You might think this is just imagination , but what do you know ,hic.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:09
Come on now, that's like hunting round for evidence to support a contention no matter how thin it is. Surely, if we're into logic rather than theory-protection, the proper reaction to "a lot of motifs are overridden" is to say yeah, in those cases my theory clearly doesnt hold true, people had forgotten the earlier purpose and had found a new one?
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:09
tiompan wrote:

Pretty sure i can see Kokopelli in that third pic. !
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:10
bladup wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
bladup wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
I think you're being too hasty. I think the carvers would have (possibly) had a more close relationship with time than us because they'd have necessarily have had to be aware of cyclical changes with the seasons - it'd have affected where they could find their food and what food they could eat. And imagine how darkness would curtail your goings-about when you couldn't flick a light switch on.

So if they were carving the symbols / shapes over an extended period of time, that might make a lot of sense, connecting one cycle to another. Maybe if you were nomadic, only passing a particular outcrop once every year, then you would indeed add to it (casually or in some important ritual) every year, to mark that you'd been there. Or whatever.

Does that not sound feasible?

There life span was so short, they would have been to busy living day to day, that's the beauty of what i'm saying, the regional maps WOULD/COULD help them day to day, if the landscapes are still natural i can still use them [the panels], this knowledge comes from within me, it's not from books, people were still moving around a little bit more in these landscapes than a lot of you seem to think, not everyone started farming, in the same way we're not all farmers now.

bladup, I know ive asked before, but any chance of a photo of a panel and marked map so we can see exactly what you mean?

It'd help a great deal.

Are you trying to nick my pension as these will be the books [or whatever it is the future] i might write when i'm older and my legs have gone?

I thought the idea was to pass on the info , freely .
Pension ?
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:11
bladup wrote:
tjj wrote:
bladup wrote:
tjj wrote:
bladup wrote:
tjj wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
frankly I think 100 would be more than ample, I can't imagine I'd ever find my way home again if I took 1000 :)

Ye gods, 100!! ... Please don't think I'm being a fuddyduddy - I've been following this discussion with great interest and am impressed at the patience of the answers given. My message to Bladup is clear your mind, do some meditating if helps but do stop taking hallucinogens - I believe they have a long term effect on your mental faculties (someone's got to say it).

I bet i'm so far from what you think i'm like.

I could probably say the same thing Bladup ... I probably said a lot less about myself on this forum than you have. I can tell you this though, I've seen enough good, talented people ruin their lives by taking 'mind altering substances' of various forms. I'm not preaching - really I'm not, just saying there is enough magic and wonder out there to observe and appreciate without the help of anything 'extra'. I know you think so too because I've see your art work and some of your photos. You've mentioned your children a few times - will it be ok for them to follow your example too.

I come from the same place in life as cope i was a knobhead until i opened my mind, substances do ruin some peoples lives but at the other end they are sometimes the making of some people, have you read cope's autobiographies as they show this better than i could ever dream of, if the answers no, i strongly advise you do, it will help you to better understand what i'm saying.

No I haven't got around to it yet ... will make a point of doing so. Thank you!

Please please please do, they are the best autobiographies ever, and pretty cheap as well, they are a bit shocking though, he wouldn't mind me saying he was a complete knobhead [at his first wedding he wouldn't let his wife cut the cake with him as he wanted to do it on his own], and if you do bare in mind it's what we were talking about earlier [ he has children as well and it's all there in a book, and it doesn't seem to have done them any harm].

I have just been reading an extract on Amazon ... o.k. I'll buy them. I know he's got children (and a very lovely wife) - have been past his house a few times when out walking.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:14
tiompan wrote:

It might not look much but it is a represenation of Los Alamos 1945 . I know it seems odd that the markings are thousands of years before the place was built , but drink 300 bottles of Irn Bru on an empty stomache and you'll see the ancients were capable of knowing the future and this was a warning to avoid thinking too much and thus creating evil .
There's a bongo player in the corner but he only becomes apparent if you have a didge aong with the Bru , two didges and all the little people with hats can be seen dancing to the bongo player .You might think this is just imagination , but what do you know ,hic.

ha!

i'm not going to tell you what happens if you add 70 tunnocks tea cakes into the equation.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:15
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:

ha!

i'm not going to tell you what happens if you add 70 tunnocks tea cakes into the equation.

That's a waste of 20 , 50 works just as well which reminds me , must try 90 .
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:15
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:

ha!

That one's easy! You put on two stone (the other sort).
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 14, 2012, 17:18
"Are you trying to nick my pension as these will be the books [or whatever it is the future] i might write when i'm older and my legs have gone?"

Come on Bladup, give with the pictures, you know "saving them for the book" isn't really a reason not to. If someone said they had snaps of Nessie and a flying saucer you would be pretty impatient if they wouldnt show them!
Pages: 26 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index